Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Julie@USDA

Default display for review to default to final

How can I get my 'display for review' to default to final?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

If there are no tracked changes or comments in your document,
then Final view would look the same as Final Showing Markup view.
Word 2002 and 2003 open in Final Showing Markup view to let you
know that your document contains tracked changes and/or comments,
and to save you possible grief from inadvertently sending the
document out that way. But if you really want to turn this
feature off, you can by clicking on Tools | Options | Security |
uncheck the "Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving"
box | OK.