Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe Mcgyver

Default Conversion MAC MSword 98 to Windows MS word 2003

I have a friend who has a MAC with Microsoft word 98, he saved a file to a cd
for me. and I can read it on my Win XP Pro PC. when I open it with Word 2003
it's garbage. when I take the same file to another MAC not the same as above.
I can open it no problem. it's in word format, name.doc I also tried it on a
PC that had office XP and garbage also. it is supposed to read it right???
can any one help me here?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus

"Joe Mcgyver" wrote

I have a friend who has a MAC with Microsoft word 98, he saved a file to a
cd
for me. and I can read it on my Win XP Pro PC. when I open it with Word
2003
it's garbage. when I take the same file to another MAC not the same as
above.
I can open it no problem. it's in word format, name.doc I also tried it on
PC that had office XP and garbage also. it is supposed to read it right???
can any one help me here?

Try saving it in RTF format on the Mac side.

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Ami Pro 3 conversion to Word 2003 in Windows XP Norman H Microsoft Word Help 1 January 20th 05 03:00 PM