Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
flo

Default word document has different fonts on two machines

the creator of the document worked on 2003 and passed the document to me, I
also use Word 2003 but the fonts are totally different, how can I restore the
fonts?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ewan7279

Hi Flo,

Highlight the entire document and select Format = Font and the font of the
original document. If you are using two different versions of Word i.e. one
is older than the other, you may not have the option do so.

Ewan.

"flo" wrote:

the creator of the document worked on 2003 and passed the document to me, I
also use Word 2003 but the fonts are totally different, how can I restore the
fonts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Hi flo,

It looks like the document contains fonts that are not installed on your
machine.

Please ask the author for another copy of the document, but one with the
fonts included (Tools | Options... | tab Save | Embed TrueType fonts) - but
this may cause the file size to increase considerably, or ask the author to
mail the used fonts separately, so you can install them on your machine. The
document will automatically look the way it was intended.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
How to reformat a complete document. wanda Microsoft Word Help 16 February 11th 06 11:43 PM