bleah24

Default Is it possible to print the hidden marks in WORD?

Is there any way to print the hidden marks (like tabs, spaces, etc.) in a
WORD document?
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 08:14:56 -0700, "bleah24"
wrote:

Is there any way to print the hidden marks (like tabs, spaces, etc.) in a
WORD document?

Not easily. You'll have to replace each real character with the
character that represents it, and handle line breaks manually.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm for
more info.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
PopS

"bleah24" wrote in
message
Is there any way to print the hidden marks (like
tabs, spaces, etc.) in a
WORD document?

Not that I'm aware of in many years of using Word.
Maybe someone more knowledgeable will come along.

Pop

CyberTaz

About the best option I've found is to temporarily turn off the rulers,
toolbars, scroll bars, etc., zoom to fill the available space as well as
possible, then take a screen shot. Paste that into a Word doc & print from
there.

HTH |:)

"bleah24" wrote:

Is there any way to print the hidden marks (like tabs, spaces, etc.) in a
WORD document?

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Yuck! That would be one ugly document. I like to see them on my screen but I
can't imagine seeing them in print.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote:

Is there any way to print the hidden marks (like tabs, spaces, etc.) in a
WORD document?

Not easily. You'll have to replace each real character with the
character that represents it, and handle line breaks manually.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm for
more info.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Michelle

It would be a good educational tool when teaching persons how the different
characters work, like tabs, spaces, enters, etc... People often have trouble
getting their documents formatted nicely because they insist on using the
spacebar rather than tabs to line things up.

wrote:

Is there any way to print the hidden marks (like tabs, spaces, etc.) in a
WORD document?

Not easily. You'll have to replace each real character with the
character that represents it, and handle line breaks manually.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm for
more info.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Point them to (among other articles)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/SettingTabs.htm and
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/conc...ion/index.html

"PopS" wrote in message

"bleah24" wrote in
message
Is there any way to print the hidden marks (like
tabs, spaces, etc.) in a
WORD document?

Not that I'm aware of in many years of using Word.
Maybe someone more knowledgeable will come along.

Pop

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

That's an excellent point. A great tool for newsletter editors.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]