Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Angel Angel is offline

Default Direct Formatting

Hi, I have a problem with formatting. I work as a technical writer and some
of the information we use is gathered from a database driven report in ASP.
This report is generated with specific styles and formatting. When I copy and
paste into the a Word (2007) document it changes all of the text to Normal
style. My coworkers don't have a problem with this (using Word 2003), all of
the styles and formatting come thru... identical to the report.
I tried using the the 'Keep track of formatting' option marking for
inconsistencies and tried to paste the information again. Now the information
still comes thru with Normal style, but now I have an inconsistency
notification to 'Replace the direct formating with' the style brought over
from the webpage.
Is there any way of preventing word from changing the styles? If not, Is
there a way to Replace the direct formating with any style globally
throughout the document?
Thank you and I appreciate the help,
Angel

P.S.
I did try every combination with the Cut, Copy, and Paste options (e.g.,
"Pasting between documents when style definitions conflict") in the Advance
tab of Word Options and still having the same problem.