Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Find and replace Em dash.

Yes you can. AFIR, in older versions of Word, the find/replace box could not
display characters beyond basic ascii, so Word provided search codes. For
the em dash, type ^+ in the find what box. You can see more search codes by
clicking more and the special in the find and replace dialog.

In W2003 and 2007, you can use any of the usual methods to put characters
into the regular (not wild card) find and replace boxes.

Pam

fantasywriter wrote:
Can I use Word's Find and Replace facility to find em dashes in a manuscript?
I've tried typing an em dash into the Find dialogue box but it won't accept
it.