Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Gollop Charles Gollop is offline

Default How do I change highlight colour in Find and Replace

This applies to Word 2007. I saw the previous answer from you Danish MVP,
however when I go into the Find & Replace function, the Find item is
highlighted in blue even thought the font highlight colour is yellow. The
only time the Find item is highlighted in yellow is if the option 'Reading
Highlight - Highlight All' is selected. I would like to change the highlight
colour only where there next Find item is selected, which is the default of
the Find & Replace function.
Thanks in advance,
Charles
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You are confusing "highlight" with "select" (and Word's labels don't help
with this). As Stefan has pointed out, the color used to select items (which
Word sometimes calls highlighting) is not user-customizable.

http://word.mvps.org

"Charles Gollop" Charles wrote in message
This applies to Word 2007. I saw the previous answer from you Danish MVP,
however when I go into the Find & Replace function, the Find item is
highlighted in blue even thought the font highlight colour is yellow. The
only time the Find item is highlighted in yellow is if the option 'Reading
Highlight - Highlight All' is selected. I would like to change the
highlight
colour only where there next Find item is selected, which is the default
of
the Find & Replace function.
Thanks in advance,
Charles

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

(You could change it in Mac OS, at least up to OS 9, but it's not
application-specific.)

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Charles Gollop" Charles wrote in ...

This applies to Word 2007. I saw the previous answer from you Danish MVP,
however when I go into the Find & Replace function, the Find item is
highlighted in blue even thought the font highlight colour is yellow. The
only time the Find item is highlighted in yellow is if the option 'Reading
Highlight - Highlight All' is selected. I would like to change the
highlight
colour only where there next Find item is selected, which is the default
of
the Find & Replace function.
Thanks in advance,
Charles-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This may well be possible in Windows as well but, as you say, not for Word
exclusively.

http://word.mvps.org

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I thought about that too, but I decided it wasn't possible, so I never
actually tested. Now I have tested it, and it seems to be customizable via
Control Panel. I don't know about more recent versions of the operating
system, but in Windows XP it's on the Appearance tab of the Display
Properties dialog box: click the Advanced button, choose "Selected Items" in
the list box, and specify the desired colors (one for text and one for the
background).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Vista it's Control Panel Personalization Window Color and
Appearance Advanced Selected items.

I chose the bright red. In Google Groups it makes the highlight color
bright red; in Word it makes the highlight color pink.

There was a fairly long period of "Please Wait" while it thought about
doing it.

If I remember, I'll check it in Windows 7 the next time I use the
laptop.

On Feb 1, 2:39*pm, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
I thought about that too, but I decided it wasn't possible, so I never
actually tested. Now I have tested it, and it seems to be customizable via
Control Panel. I don't know about more recent versions of the operating
system, but in Windows XP it's on the Appearance tab of the Display
Properties dialog box: click the Advanced button, choose "Selected Items" in
the list box, and specify the desired colors (one for text and one for the
background).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in l...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Thank you for this additional information. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP