Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default i have these funny charaters appearing looks like bold P

they look like bold backward P's what are they and how do i fix it, i cannot
use my word because of them being everywhere, dont know if i have activated
something accidently to cause this or what
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Press Ctrl+Shift+8 to show/hide nonprinting marks. For more information, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NonPrintChars.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kathy" wrote in message
they look like bold backward P's what are they and how do i fix it, i
cannot
use my word because of them being everywhere, dont know if i have
activated
something accidently to cause this or what

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SZQ SZQ is offline

Could they be paragraph marks? If so, you can show or hide them. To do so,
go to home - paragraph - click on the bold bakward P in the upper right-hand
corner. Good luck!

"kathy" wrote:

they look like bold backward P's what are they and how do i fix it, i cannot
use my word because of them being everywhere, dont know if i have activated
something accidently to cause this or what

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

For what it's worth, having your non-printing characters showing does not
stop you from working. Some of us have trouble working without them.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"kathy" wrote in message
they look like bold backward P's what are they and how do i fix it, i
cannot
use my word because of them being everywhere, dont know if i have
activated
something accidently to cause this or what

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Indeed. I have nonprinting marks displayed all the time. They are invaluable
when I'm looking for something in particular (for example: is it spacing
before/after or a blank paragraph causing the added vertical spacing?), and
when I don't need them I don't really see them. Still, I fell that something
is missing if I turn them off...

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kathy" wrote in message
they look like bold backward P's what are they and how do i fix it, i
cannot
use my word because of them being everywhere, dont know if i have
activated
something accidently to cause this or what

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No one fell. :-)

Rather, I *feel* that something is missing if I turn off the display of
nonprinting marks.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kathy" wrote in message
they look like bold backward P's what are they and how do i fix it, i
cannot
use my word because of them being everywhere, dont know if i have
activated
something accidently to cause this or what

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm not sure which is more disconcerting to me, not having the nonprinting
characters or not having text boundaries. The latter make me feel especially
precarious.

http://word.mvps.org