Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Can't change first header/footer in section to first page header

I have a document divided into 2 sections with headers and footers
already in place. I want to change the header in the 2nd section to a
"first page header". I tried going into page setup and checking the
"Different First Page" box in the layout tab, but nothing happens.

Also, even though it appears to be the first page in the section, the
page numbering started at 2. I checked the page numbering under the
Page Number Format window and it does state that page numbers should
start at 1. By changing this to a 0, I got it to change the first
visible page of the section to "1".

Should I just start over with the headers? How?

I hope this was clear and thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

OK, I knew I would figure out a solution as soon as I posted this, but
maybe someone can explain why it works.

Under "Page Setup" "Layout Tab" I selected Section Start = New Page
instead of using Continuous. This did not start a new blank page, but
did change the page header of the second section to an official "First
Page Header". I'm still learning about how sections work, so some
insight would be great.

Again, Thanks in Advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

When "Section start" is set to "Continuous", the First Page Header
will be hidden by the header (seen on the page where the section break
is positioned) of the previous section. Changing the "Section start"
to "Next page" fixes that.

For more about page numbering and sections, see:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/PageNumbering.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...thSections.htm

--
Stefan Blom