Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gybalint gybalint is offline

Default Import-export settings among PCs

Hello!

A few days before I asked how could I copy all of my settings of Word to
another PC. Dear Dame Suzanne attached a link I could find methods, but no
one of them worked. I tried to find *.acl files in every hidden folder, but
there is no one on my computer. (Here is the link mentioned above:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/FilesToBackup.htm )

The importance of *.acl files is that the autocorrect entries are stored in
them. I'll have a new computer tomorrow, and I hope I won't have to all of my
250 autocorrect entries one by one.

The "Save my settings wizard" don't export the AutoCorrect entries.

Thanks for any help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you look at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...tocorrect.htm? Note that
..acl files are in a hidden folder; you won't see it (or find them) unless
you have hidden and system folders displayed.

"gybalint" wrote in message
Hello!

A few days before I asked how could I copy all of my settings of Word to
another PC. Dear Dame Suzanne attached a link I could find methods, but no
one of them worked. I tried to find *.acl files in every hidden folder,

but
there is no one on my computer. (Here is the link mentioned above:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/FilesToBackup.htm )

The importance of *.acl files is that the autocorrect entries are stored

in
them. I'll have a new computer tomorrow, and I hope I won't have to all of

my
250 autocorrect entries one by one.

The "Save my settings wizard" don't export the AutoCorrect entries.

Thanks for any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gybalint gybalint is offline

Ok, I solved the mystary! It's not enough to set the folders option of "My
Computer" (enable viewing hidden folders), at the Finding application you
must set it again at the special settings (find in hidden folders too).

BUT! Now I have too much .acl files (3), and all of them are in the Office
folder. I'll copy all of them to my new computer into the same place, and
hope it gonna work. (I tried to separate them by the "last modified time",
but unfortunetly the last one has the least size, and it's strange for me,
because I've thought the last modified one would have the bigger size.)

Thanks for your help and patience, Suzanne!

"gybalint" wrote in message
Hello!

A few days before I asked how could I copy all of my settings of Word to
another PC. Dear Dame Suzanne attached a link I could find methods, but no
one of them worked. I tried to find *.acl files in every hidden folder,

but
there is no one on my computer. (Here is the link mentioned above:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/FilesToBackup.htm )

The importance of *.acl files is that the autocorrect entries are stored

in
them. I'll have a new computer tomorrow, and I hope I won't have to all of

my
250 autocorrect entries one by one.

The "Save my settings wizard" don't export the AutoCorrect entries.

Thanks for any help!

No Import and Export command under the File menu PGirt Microsoft Word Help 9 March 6th 06 09:50 AM
Import autocorrect settings v-jaslev Microsoft Word Help 1 October 6th 05 10:34 PM
Template settings TRM Page Layout 1 February 7th 05 12:11 PM
template settings TRM Microsoft Word Help 1 February 2nd 05 05:23 PM
import word settings ChaunceyM Microsoft Word Help 1 January 20th 05 12:33 AM