Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kempofighter

Default One diagram in my doc won't print

I have a document with many pages of text and diagrams. Many of the diagrams
are embedded visio objects. I'm using word 2003 and visio 2000. Only one of
the visio diagrams will not print even though it shows up in the print
preview. There are many visio diagrams in the doc but only one fails to
print and shows up with a caption and blank page. Has anyone had this
trouble before? I'm trying to find a format setting for the picture that
might be different but as of now I do not see any difference between this
diagram or the others. What could I be overlooking?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi there

kempofighter wrote:
I have a document with many pages of text and diagrams. Many of the diagrams
are embedded visio objects. I'm using word 2003 and visio 2000. Only one of
the visio diagrams will not print even though it shows up in the print
preview. There are many visio diagrams in the doc but only one fails to
print and shows up with a caption and blank page. Has anyone had this
trouble before? I'm trying to find a format setting for the picture that
might be different but as of now I do not see any difference between this
diagram or the others. What could I be overlooking?

Version of Word?

One (though probably farfetched) possibiliy is that the printer has not
enough memory to actually print that thing. Have you tried printing the
said page by itself? Re-inserting the diagram?

Greetingx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kempofighter

Actually, I deleted and reinserted the diagram as an enhanced metafile and
that worked. Although, I am not sure why that mattered. There were other
diagrams in the same document that were embedded visio diagrams that I could
*in place edit*. It definitely wasn't a printer problem because I tried
printing just that page and someone else had printed the whole document and
every diagram before and after that one printed. I guess I'm happy for now
since it is okay for it to be in the document as a picture rather than an
object. I was using word 2003 and the diagram was from visio 2000.

Best Regards,
Shawn

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hi there