Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Gregory

Default AutoText Entries

Is there a way to add autotext entries without bringing in the formatting?

Whenever I add autotext entries, the formatting of the surrounding text
comes along, and is re-inserted when I insert the autotext. I have tried
selecting only the text (no paragraph marks), differnt styles, etc., but I
can not seem to remove the undesired format.

Alternatively, is there a way to force Autotext entries to always assume the
format of the text surrounding where they are inserted?

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Your AutoText will not include paragraph formatting, unless you include
paragraph marks. It will include direct and character-style-based
formatting. If you include paragraph marks, then it will include all the
formatting instructions contained in those paragraph marks.

In recent versions of Word it is hard to not select a paragraph mark if you
select text immediately before it. Try adding an unneeeded word at the end
and selecting everything before the unneeded word.

You can clean up selected test by doing a copy and paste. Then select and
press Ctrl-Q and Ctrl-Spacebar to remove direct and character-style based
formatting. Then make it your AutoText.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"John Gregory" wrote in message
news
Is there a way to add autotext entries without bringing in the formatting?

Whenever I add autotext entries, the formatting of the surrounding text
comes along, and is re-inserted when I insert the autotext. I have tried
selecting only the text (no paragraph marks), differnt styles, etc., but I
can not seem to remove the undesired format.

Alternatively, is there a way to force Autotext entries to always assume
the
format of the text surrounding where they are inserted?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Gregory

I followed your instructions in creating the autotext entry and i did it
exactly as you said.

Thank you very much!