Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JohnB

Default form field

type number and have a 3 of 9 bar code appear also
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

JohnB wrote:
type number and have a 3 of 9 bar code appear also

The only built-in bar code in Word is the PostNet code generated by the
Barcode field. For Code 3 of 9 you need either a font or a program that
generates the code as a graphic.

See http://www.adams1.com/pub/russadam/share.html for information about bar
code fonts and generator programs. Also read
http://www.adams1.com/pub/russadam/39code.html for the specification -- it
isn't simply a repetition of the numbers in bar form.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JohnB

I have installed the the 3 of 9 font but I would like for you to see 123 and
the Bar code for 123 - I hope this makes more sense.

Thank You

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

JohnB wrote:
type number and have a 3 of 9 bar code appear also

The only built-in bar code in Word is the PostNet code generated by the
Barcode field. For Code 3 of 9 you need either a font or a program that
generates the code as a graphic.

See http://www.adams1.com/pub/russadam/share.html for information about bar
code fonts and generator programs. Also read
http://www.adams1.com/pub/russadam/39code.html for the specification -- it
isn't simply a repetition of the numbers in bar form.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Insert a bookmark covering the numbers in the normal font. Then insert
a Ref field containing the name of the bookmark (see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm) and format that with the
3 of 9 font.

If you want the bar code to be machine readable, you'll have to add
the start and stop codes (an asterisk in the 3 of 9 font) before and
after the Ref field. I can't guarantee that the spacing will be right,
though. I've read that the graphics produced by encoding programs are
much better for machine-readability than even the best fonts.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman