Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark I

Default Problem printing from word

Using windows 2000 pro, microsoft office 2000 and a HP LaserJet 6p. When
trying to print from Word, a message pops up saying "The margins of section 1
are outside the printable area on the page, do you want to continue yes/no".
I click yes, the lights on the printer flicker for a second or two and then
the error light. Doesn't print anything. I can print from Excel, I can do a
test print and print from anywhere else. I can create a new form in word and
it won't print. (It doesn't always pop up with the margin error, but still
won't print)

I have removed office, downloaded a tool from MS to completely remove office
entries in the registry and went through and removed a bunch of files one by
one. Reinstalled office, installed SP3 and still cannot print. I've
downloaded the latest printer driver from HP. I really don't know what else
to try from here.

Can anyone think of anything else that I can try?

TYIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Try renaming normal.dot to oldnormal.dot.
Remove any orphan temp files -
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm
and checkout http://www.hp.com/pond/ljbeta/ for the latest bug fix driver.