Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gafeney531

Default enable features

How do I enable features, forinstance the cut and paste feature.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

How did you disable them in the first place?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"gafeney531" wrote in message
news
How do I enable features, forinstance the cut and paste feature.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Sorry - I was being serious. Your question was rather vague.

Cut and Paste isn't normally disabled - it just isn't something you can
switch on and off. Do you have other features 'switched off' as well? If
so, which ones? I'm trying to understand what your real problem is - does
anything work in Word? If the problem is just cut and paste - can you cut
and not paste, or not cut, or what?

--

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

How did you disable them in the first place?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"gafeney531" wrote in message
news
How do I enable features, forinstance the cut and paste feature.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And note that Cut and Copy are not enabled unless text (or an object) is
selected, and Paste is not enabled unless there is something on the
Clipboard. And of course these and many other commands are not available
when no document is open.

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

How did you disable them in the first place?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"gafeney531" wrote in message
news How do I enable features, forinstance the cut and paste feature.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gafeney531

After I installed microsoft office edition 2003, I went into Word and noticed
that the edit commands were in gray. Cut and Paste, Undo and ReDo are
disabled. How do I enable these commands.

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

How did you disable them in the first place?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"gafeney531" wrote in message
news How do I enable features, forinstance the cut and paste feature.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

When you first open Word (to a blank document), Undo, Redo, Cut, maybe
Paste, maybe some other options *will* be greyed out. They are
context-sensitive and greyed out when not available in context.

If that isn't your problem, have you activated the product? (Help Activate
from the menu.)