Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EJB

Default Landscape page margins

Hi, I have a user that is experiencing problems with landscape margins in all
Word documents. He has a document that when I view on my PC is fine and
prints fine however when he print previews the document or prints an actual
copy it won't print correctly. (the problem is that because of margin
settings it only particially prints the data on landscape pages) When I look
at his margin settings for Landscape orientation it appears to be set to a
9cm left margin (which I know is wrong) but it won't allow me to change it.
I can overtype but it won't save the amended measurement. If I create a new
document and change the orientation to landscape the same measurements are
appearing. It is obviously stored as a default. Can anyone please offer me
some advice, thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

To change the units of measurement: Tools | Options | General | Measurement
units. Not sure if this is what you were asking, so if it doesn't help, post
back here.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"EJB" wrote:

Hi, I have a user that is experiencing problems with landscape margins in all
Word documents. He has a document that when I view on my PC is fine and
prints fine however when he print previews the document or prints an actual
copy it won't print correctly. (the problem is that because of margin
settings it only particially prints the data on landscape pages) When I look
at his margin settings for Landscape orientation it appears to be set to a
9cm left margin (which I know is wrong) but it won't allow me to change it.
I can overtype but it won't save the amended measurement. If I create a new
document and change the orientation to landscape the same measurements are
appearing. It is obviously stored as a default. Can anyone please offer me
some advice, thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EJB

Hi Carol - sorry that is not what I meant. I don't mind if the measurement
is inches or cm's I just want to be able to alter the "default" (if that is
the right phrase) margin settings of the landscape page. Portrait margins
are OK it is just everytime the user alters the orientation of page to
landscape that the problem occurs. Any advice appreciated. Thanks for your
time

"EJB" wrote:

Hi, I have a user that is experiencing problems with landscape margins in all
Word documents. He has a document that when I view on my PC is fine and
prints fine however when he print previews the document or prints an actual
copy it won't print correctly. (the problem is that because of margin
settings it only particially prints the data on landscape pages) When I look
at his margin settings for Landscape orientation it appears to be set to a
9cm left margin (which I know is wrong) but it won't allow me to change it.
I can overtype but it won't save the amended measurement. If I create a new
document and change the orientation to landscape the same measurements are
appearing. It is obviously stored as a default. Can anyone please offer me
some advice, thanks in advance.

Number of pages should restart with section page numbers Jim B Microsoft Word Help 7 March 12th 06 02:13 PM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
Setting margins for a follow-on page (after a headed page) cjh2003 Page Layout 2 December 1st 05 01:10 PM
printing portrait margins on landscape page DianeB Page Layout 1 August 5th 05 08:58 PM