WS

Default Losing format after saving

After manually formatting a bunch of bullet, numbered, and lettered lists, I
save the file. However, when I hit save, I lose most of my formatting.
Also, when I reopen the file at a later point, the formatting is gone. I've
tried over and over again, with the same problem.

What is causing this? Should I turn off all the autoformatting options? If
so, will this cause any autoformatting already done to disappear? I would
assume no.
Charles Kenyon

See: How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in your Word
document
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html. (For
bullets see http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html, the
subject is related.)

Under Tools Templates and Add-Ins, if the box is checked to update styles,
uncheck it.

Most experienced users turn off many of the autoformat as you type options.
I have all the ones under "Apply as you type" and "Automatically as you
type" unchecked.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.