Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Speedy

Default Envelope and positioning of text

Maybe, I am missing something but I can not get the text positioning when
printing C5 sized envelope correct. When I change the left margin so that
the text for the receiver's address is on the right hand side of the page
this is not taken into account by word when actually printing when iot
appears to default back to the standard position (which is globally in the
middle of the enveloped and not in the right hand side as we do for European
letters.

Does anybody have any suggestions and how do you make Word remember
permanently the desired settings?

Thanks for your help

Speedy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

If you're using the Tools Envelopes dialog, it's applying the
Envelope Address style to the address text. That style includes a
frame, and the way to reposition the address is to modify the style to
move the frame.

For illustrated instructions, see
http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 08:07:02 -0700, Speedy
wrote:

Maybe, I am missing something but I can not get the text positioning when
printing C5 sized envelope correct. When I change the left margin so that
the text for the receiver's address is on the right hand side of the page
this is not taken into account by word when actually printing when iot
appears to default back to the standard position (which is globally in the
middle of the enveloped and not in the right hand side as we do for European
letters.

Does anybody have any suggestions and how do you make Word remember
permanently the desired settings?

Thanks for your help

Speedy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Speedy

Thanks, The link clearly explains how to address my proble. This is fairly
involved though for something which one might want to do frequently.

Suggest to MS to improve the TOOL/ENVELOPE memu etc. ??????

Cheers,

SPeedy