Don

Default Is there a way to specify Logical Operators (ROP3) values in Word?

Is there anyway to use Logical Operator (ROP3) in word? I would like to use
ROP 153 DSnx (Destination XOR (Source NOT)) to compare two overlapping
sections of document? This ROP values should only show the differences
between the background and any following contents.

For example, A ROP 153 on 'The free house' over 'The tree house' should only
show the differences ('f'ree vs 't'ree). The result will be unreadable, so I
also need to print both versions in either seperate columns or paragraphs.
Jay Freedman

Don wrote:
Is there anyway to use Logical Operator (ROP3) in word? I would like
to use ROP 153 DSnx (Destination XOR (Source NOT)) to compare two
overlapping sections of document? This ROP values should only show
the differences between the background and any following contents.

For example, A ROP 153 on 'The free house' over 'The tree house'
should only show the differences ('f'ree vs 't'ree). The result will
be unreadable, so I also need to print both versions in either
seperate columns or paragraphs.

Hi Don,

There certainly isn't anything like that built into Word -- it's a word
processor, not a bitmap processor!

If you can't get the results you want from the Tools Compare Documents
command, you'll have to write your own comparison as a macro in VBA.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman