lmcdaniel

Default How do I cut an entire page from Microsoft Word and preserve the .

I am trying to cut a page out of a word document while preserving the layout
in order to convert it to an adobe document, but I'm not having any luck.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I cut an entire page from Microsoft Word and preserve the .

Here are the steps to cut an entire page from Microsoft Word while preserving the layout:
  1. Open your Word document and go to the page you want to cut.
  2. Click on the "View" tab in the top menu bar.
  3. Click on "Print Layout" to ensure you are in the correct view.
  4. Click on the "Home" tab in the top menu bar.
  5. Click on the "Select" dropdown menu and select "Select All".
  6. Click on the "Layout" tab in the top menu bar.
  7. Click on "Margins" and select "Custom Margins".
  8. In the "Page Setup" window, select the "Paper" tab.
  9. Under "Paper Size", select "Custom Size".
  10. Enter the dimensions of your page in the "Width" and "Height" fields. Make sure they match the size of the page you want to cut.
  11. Click "OK" to close the "Page Setup" window.
  13. Click on "Cut" to remove the selected content.
  14. Open a new Word document or Adobe document.
  15. Click on the "Layout" tab in the top menu bar.
  16. Click on "Margins" and select "Custom Margins".
  17. In the "Page Setup" window, select the "Paper" tab.
  18. Under "Paper Size", select "Custom Size".
  19. Enter the dimensions of your page in the "Width" and "Height" fields. Make sure they match the size of the page you cut.
  20. Click "OK" to close the "Page Setup" window.
  21. Click on the blank document to select it.
  22. Click on "Paste" to insert the content you cut from the original document.
  23. Save your new document.

That's it! You should now have a new document with the page you cut from the original document, preserved with the same layout.
__________________
Margaret Aldis

What sort of Adobe document? If you are trying to make a PDF of the single
page, try printing just that page with Adobe Distiller selected as the
printer.

Alternatively, save the document under another name, and delete everything
except the page in question (if you have multiple sections with different
page formats, first insert a section break at the end of the page to
preserve its page formatting). Finally change the page number if necessary
to match the original document.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"lmcdaniel" wrote in message
I am trying to cut a page out of a word document while preserving the

layout
in order to convert it to an adobe document, but I'm not having any luck.

CyberTaz

For clarification:You cannot cut a page, you can only cut the content on the
page.|:)