erik_gregory

Default Footer text to appear on specific pages but not repeated throughou

Is there some convenient way of typing text into the footer but not having
that text repeated throughout the document (but not through the method of
inserting dozens of page breaks)? Thanks for any info.
Daiya Mitchell

A convenient way? Not really.

What kind of text are you talking about and where do you need it? It does
depend. E.g., if you want to update each page with the date it was last
revised, that will be different for every page, that's pretty difficult (in
fact, I can't remember if there is a solution, though I think so). If you
just want certain text on only the first page header, or the last page
header, that's pretty simple. If the header is duplicating text that exists
anywhere on the page, that's also easier.

And always state your version of Word!

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

erik_gregory

I'm on Word V. XP/2002. Regarding my earlier message, I want the following
text to appear on certain pages: "For Official Use Only" but not on EVERY
page, only on those pages that contain FOUO material. It should appear at the
bottom of the page, centered. I don't want to have to insert dozens of page
breaks to accomplish this. Thanks in advance!