Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott

Default Save function disabled in Word 2003 doc, no save possible

Just in the last two days, I've found that the document itself is modified by
Word (2003) to disable any form of saving. I can open another doc with the
corrupted one still open, and save functions with the new one. It seems save
function works for while, but after some time, this too is disabled or the
file is somehow set to prevent save apparently by the Word application. After
some time editing, I suddenly get a message telling me that "Saving the
autorecovery file is postponed for xxxxx.doc".

Has anyone else come across this problem, and (to the Word gurus) what is
the solution? I also uninstalled the 908531 update to no avail...
Thanks in advance for any help

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 07:26 PM
How can Word display full path of a file in the title bar? SAsif Microsoft Word Help 1 January 26th 06 05:32 PM
Does Word have a QuickCorrect/Quick Word option like WordPerfect? CW New Users 2 December 20th 05 06:54 PM
In Word, how do I surpress headers and footers on page 2 Bill Microsoft Word Help 1 December 15th 05 07:13 PM