Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MJ MJ is offline

Default How do i create cross-reference links between a glossary & a word

How do I create cross-reference links between a long glossary and a word
document? The glossary gives a French term and its English equivalent--I
would like for the French term to at least be flagged in some way in the
French document that must be translated into English. This way, the
translator knows this is a term that must be looked up in the glossary
because there is a specific way to translate it. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello MJ

mj wrote:
How do I create cross-reference links between a long glossary and a word
document? The glossary gives a French term and its English equivalent--I
would like for the French term to at least be flagged in some way in the
French document that must be translated into English. This way, the
translator knows this is a term that must be looked up in the glossary
because there is a specific way to translate it. Thanks!

I don't know of any easy, predefined way of doing this. I'd probably use
search/replace to assign, say, a character style to all occurrences of
the French terms. You can (before or after the replace) give the
character style a color and bold formatting, for instance. When all is
done (translated), you can simply delete the character style.

Depending on how big the glossary, you might want to automate this (for
a one-time application and depending on your VBA skills, it should be
_really big_ to be worth the effort).

HTH
Robert
--