Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Auntig Auntig is offline

Default Auto text

I have recently purchased Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007. I do
medical transcription. I am asking how to set up auto correct for works such
as meds to equal medications, rom to equal range of motion. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Type in 'range of emotion' exactly as you want it to show, select the phrase
and pres Alt+F3. This opens the AutoText dialog. In the name box at the top,
assign the shortcut that you want to use, make any other changes as required
and press OK. It really is that easy still. As with previous versions, be
careful about your choice of abbreviation so that assignment don't clash
with 'real' words or other assigned shortcuts.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Auntig" wrote in message
I have recently purchased Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007. I do
medical transcription. I am asking how to set up auto correct for works
such
as meds to equal medications, rom to equal range of motion. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Terry's answer pertains to AutoText. AutoCorrect still works exactly the
same as in previous versions and is accessed via Office Button | Word
Options | Proofing | AutoCorrect Options.

http://word.mvps.org

"Auntig" wrote in message
I have recently purchased Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007. I do
medical transcription. I am asking how to set up auto correct for works
such
as meds to equal medications, rom to equal range of motion. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

But you should add the autocorrect tool to the QAT (Quick Access
Toolbar) for ease of access, or it quickly becomes a pain to use.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Agreed. Anything you use frequently that requires wading through Word
Options should be added to the QAT (and Word Options itself was one of the
first things I added).

http://word.mvps.org

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
But you should add the autocorrect tool to the QAT (Quick Access
Toolbar) for ease of access, or it quickly becomes a pain to use.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jo-Anne[_2_] Jo-Anne[_2_] is offline

How do you add Word Options to the QAT? I can't find it in the list of All
Commands...

Thank you!

Jo-Anne

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Agreed. Anything you use frequently that requires wading through Word
Options should be added to the QAT (and Word Options itself was one of the
first things I added).

http://word.mvps.org

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
But you should add the autocorrect tool to the QAT (Quick Access
Toolbar) for ease of access, or it quickly becomes a pain to use.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The easiest way is to right-click the Word Options button and choose "Add to
Quick Access Toolbar." That must be what I did, since, even though I tend to
forget I can do that, I doubt that I would have recognized it in All
Commands as "Application Options." There's another thing listed as just
"Options" that appears to be Print Options (has a printer icon). Not
outstanding performance in nomenclature, but at least the commands are
there.

http://word.mvps.org

"Jo-Anne" Jo-AnneATnowhere.com wrote in message
How do you add Word Options to the QAT? I can't find it in the list of All
Commands...

Thank you!

Jo-Anne

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Agreed. Anything you use frequently that requires wading through Word
Options should be added to the QAT (and Word Options itself was one of
the first things I added).

http://word.mvps.org

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
But you should add the autocorrect tool to the QAT (Quick Access
Toolbar) for ease of access, or it quickly becomes a pain to use.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

"Jo-Anne" Jo-AnneATnowhere.com wrote in message
How do you add Word Options to the QAT? I can't find it in the list of All
Commands...

The easiest way is to click the Office Button, right-click Word Option, and
then click "Add to Quick Access Toolbar".

In "All Commands" is "Application Options".
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs