TDRK

Default Mail Merge question

Using a Microsoft Office database, I would like to create a mail merge letter
addressed to the advisor field, and include all student names, in the name
field, who are assigned to the advisor. I would like one letter/advisor.
How do I pull one letter for each advisor and insert the mergefields to
include all students associated with that advisor?
I am using Microsoft Office 2003 and windows XP.
Conan Kelly

"TDRK" wrote:

Using a Microsoft Office database,...

When you say "a MS Office database" do you mean "MS Access"?

...I would like to create a mail merge letter
addressed to the advisor field, and include all student names, in the name
field, who are assigned to the advisor. I would like one letter/advisor.
How do I pull one letter for each advisor and insert the mergefields to
include all students associated with that advisor?
I am using Microsoft Office 2003 and windows XP.

This question may be better suited for the the "Mailmerge and Fax" newsgroup
of Office-Word, rather than the "General Questions".

One way to approch this might be to just use Access (if you are using Access
and know how to use it) and not even bother with Word. Your form letter
could be set up as report that can be printed out.

Keep in mind that I'm not an expert nor MVP, I'm a student somewhat
knowlegable in the MS Office programs. Anyone else with some better ideas,
please feel free to chime in.

I hope this helps some,

Conan Kelly
TDRK

Conan Kelly: Thank you for your response. How can I make the advisor column
in access print only once per advisor? I would like all the students
associated with that advisor in the student column printed on the same
letter. Thanks. TDRK

"Conan Kelly" wrote:

"TDRK" wrote:

[...]

Conan Kelly

TDRK,

Is this letter confidential? Can you send me a copy of it so I can mess
with it.

I don't know enough about Word or Access to be able to tell you in a
reply/post. But I would definitly like to mess with it and see if I can
figure it out for you.

Thanks again,

Conan Kelly (CTBarbarin at msn dot com)

"Conan Kelly" wrote:

"TDRK" wrote:

[...]

Daiya Mitchell

I don't know how to do this either, but I'm quite sure no one can help
online unless you say what format and program the database was created in,
and describe how the database works. Are there multiple student names in
the same field, or are you trying to associate multiple fields with one
advisor, or what? Try giving a specific example. And what program is the
database built in?

DM