Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Louise

Default Final Showing Markup view

Hi all

I have been sent a document by a colleague and they have had the 'tracked
changes' feature applied to it at some stage in the past which obviously
shows all the changes that have been made to this document. However, I am
now trying to Forward this to other colleagues via e-mail and even though I
change the view to 'FInal' and ensure the TRK feature is not active, when
they get the document at their end, it automatically opens it in 'FInal
Showing Markup' view, so they can see the changes too.

How can I get Word to permanently open this document in the 'Final' view so
other people cannot see what changes have been made? It's driving me
mad.....!!

THank you for any help.

Merry Christmas.

Louise
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laura J.

Louise,

We have that problem here in the office. People send docs back and forth
internally during the review process and I just change the selection to Show
Final...but things change when you want to send the doc to the client for
review or something. I do the following:

If you never want to see the changes again, you can select "Accept all
Changes in Document" from the Reviewing toolbar. There's a checkmark icon on
the Reviewing toolbar and there should be a down arrow indicating a pulldown
menu. Click on the pulldown arrow and select Accept All Changes in Document
and that will eliminate all the comment tracking in the document.

I hope this helps!

Laura Charles Johnson
Primescape Solutions, Inc.

"Louise" wrote in message
Hi all

I have been sent a document by a colleague and they have had the 'tracked
changes' feature applied to it at some stage in the past which obviously
shows all the changes that have been made to this document. However, I am
now trying to Forward this to other colleagues via e-mail and even though
change the view to 'FInal' and ensure the TRK feature is not active, when
they get the document at their end, it automatically opens it in 'FInal
Showing Markup' view, so they can see the changes too.

How can I get Word to permanently open this document in the 'Final' view
so
other people cannot see what changes have been made? It's driving me
mad.....!!

THank you for any help.

Merry Christmas.

Louise

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TG91aXNl?=,

I have been sent a document by a colleague and they have had the 'tracked
changes' feature applied to it at some stage in the past which obviously
shows all the changes that have been made to this document. However, I am
now trying to Forward this to other colleagues via e-mail and even though I
change the view to 'FInal' and ensure the TRK feature is not active, when
they get the document at their end, it automatically opens it in 'FInal
Showing Markup' view, so they can see the changes too.

How can I get Word to permanently open this document in the 'Final' view so
other people cannot see what changes have been made? It's driving me
mad.....!!

This is a system-specific setting, not something you can control in individual
documents. The setting on the recipients' machines controls what they see.

You MUST accept/reject all the changes in the document (or a copy of it)
before sending it on in order to ensure the recipient will not see them.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Changing to Final view and turning off Track Changes does not remove the
markup; it is still there for anyone to see. To completely remove it, you
must choose "Accept All Changes in Document" from the Accept Change menu and
"Delete All Comments in Document" from the Reject Change/Delete Comment
menu.