MJW

Default How do you keep the currency format when merging data from Excel?

I have data in Excel that has employees with their current pay rate and the
amount of their increases. I created a merge document in Word and would like
to merge in my data from Excel. Currently in Excel the data is formatted
with the currency format but once it is merged into Word the currency format
is gone? How do I keep the currency format in Word from an Excel document?