Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Electra Krelie Electra Krelie is offline

Default I need a R with a circle around it

I am looking for a R with a circle around it, like the C for copyright. Thanks
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: I need a R with a circle around it

Sure, I can help you with that! The symbol you're looking for is called the registered trademark symbol. Here's how you can insert it into your Microsoft Word document:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the symbol.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Symbol" button, which is located on the right-hand side of the ribbon.
  4. Select "More Symbols" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Symbol" dialog box, select "Arial Unicode MS" from the "Font" drop-down menu.
  6. Scroll down until you find the registered trademark symbol (it looks like an "R" inside a circle).
  7. Double-click on the symbol to insert it into your document.

Alternatively, you can also use the keyboard shortcut to insert the registered trademark symbol. Simply hold down the "Alt" key and type "0174" on the numeric keypad (make sure Num Lock is on). When you release the "Alt" key, the symbol will appear.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz [RMF] Robert M. Franz [RMF] is offline

Hi Electra

Electra Krelie wrote:
I am looking for a R with a circle around it, like the C for copyright. Thanks

the default Shortcut in Word is ALT-CTRL-R.

You can get there also through (Word 2007) Insert | Symbol | More |
(normal text) ...

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SCP1 SCP1 is offline

Have you looked under the "Symbol" command under the "Insert" Ribbon?

I am looking for a R with a circle around it, like the C for copyright. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you've located it, (if you need it a lot) you can create an
AutoCorrect entry for (R) that works just like (C).

On Aug 27, 9:27*am, "Robert M. Franz [RMF]"
wrote:
Hi Electra

Electra Krelie wrote:
I am looking for a R with a circle around it, like the C for copyright. Thanks

the default Shortcut in Word is ALT-CTRL-R.

You can get there also through (Word 2007) Insert | Symbol | More |
(normal text) ...

Greetinx
Robert
--
* /"\ *ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
* \ / * * * * * * * * * * * *| *MVP | * * Scientific Reports
* *X * * * *Against HTML * * | *for | * * * * with Word?
* / \ * * in e-mail & news * | Word |http://www.masteringword.eu/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What happens if you type (r)? By default, it should automatically change to
®.

--

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Electra Krelie" Electra wrote in message
I am looking for a R with a circle around it, like the C for copyright.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

She knows _some_ method for getting C-in-a-circle, and the ways of
getting R-in-a-circle are parallel.

On Aug 27, 6:01*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Actually, the OP doesn't mention (c) at all.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in ...
I assumed she'd already tried that, since she seemed to know about
(c).

On Aug 27, 4:23 pm, "Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

What happens if you type (r)? By default, it should automatically change
®.

--

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog:http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web:http://www.herbtyson.com

"Electra Krelie" Electra wrote in

I am looking for a R with a circle around it, like the C for copyright.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix[_2_] Gordon Bentley-Mix[_2_] is offline

"She knows _some_ method for getting C-in-a-circle..."

How can you be so sure? Assumption is a dangerous thing. It could be that
all she knows is that it's possible to create the copyright symbol © without
any knowledge of how it's done - even that's not a certainty based on the
content of the original post:

"I am looking for a R with a circle around it, like the C for copyright."

She mightn't even be aware that a copyright symbol can be created in Word.

Perhaps a better approach would have been to say something like:

"Do you know how to use (c) to create a "copyright" symbol? The method for
creating a "registered" symbol is similar: type "(r)" (without the quotes)
and press the spacebar, and Word should convert it to ® automatically. If it
doesn't, let us know and we'll try to help you figure out another method."

Try reading what has been written without applying your own interpretation.
It might help to avoid making mistakes and the resultant needless, pointless
and fruitless attempts to prove your infallibility.
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion Groups - no
membership required!

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix[_2_] Gordon Bentley-Mix[_2_] is offline

Unlikely that someone named "Jezebel" would be either. No guarantees that
the poster is using her (his?) actual name; "Electra Krelie" looks
suspiciously close to "Electrically" to me. It could be just a screen name -
you know, like "grammatim" - so yes, it *is* unlikely that "Electra" is male
but certainly not impossible. And since there's no DNA test required to gain
entry to the NGs...

But I think we might be getting a bit OT here, don't you?
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

I thought the same thing at first but then read the question again a couple
of times (after reading through other replies) and realized the OP was
describing a copyright symbol to covey they were looking for a similar
symbol (the registered trademark symbol) as opposed to knowing how to insert
it. Easy mistake to make. :-)

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Well that is something that you and the rest of us can do that Peter
feels, or usually insists, he cannot. Make a mistake.

On Aug 29, 1:06*pm, "Beth Melton" wrote:
[...]

Thanks--- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix[_2_] Gordon Bentley-Mix[_2_] is offline

Stone the crows! Are you implying that Peter might have made a mistake? I'd
best get my house in order! The end of the world must be at hand!
--

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix[_2_] Gordon Bentley-Mix[_2_] is offline

Forgot to say "endless". Allow me to revise:

Try reading what has been written without applying your own interpretation.
It might help to avoid making mistakes and the resultant needless,
pointless, *endless* and fruitless attempts to prove your infallibility.
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Aug 30, 8:06*pm, "Gordon Bentley-Mix"
wrote:

Try reading what has been written without applying your own
interpretation.

That has got to be the stupidest thing anyone has ever written about
the reading process.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix[_2_] Gordon Bentley-Mix[_2_] is offline

"See" -- "Seeing"

wrote:

Try reading what has been written without applying your own
interpretation.

That has got to be the stupidest thing anyone has ever written about
the reading process.

circle around letter Fay Yocum New Users 6 April 6th 23 01:12 PM
circle number Hong Microsoft Word Help 2 February 15th 07 08:12 PM
circle a word imateacher Microsoft Word Help 2 February 3rd 07 06:14 PM
How to put text along the arc of a circle? JDK Microsoft Word Help 3 July 12th 06 12:30 AM
How do I circle words?? EX: Yes or No (circle one) Ranger Microsoft Word Help 1 January 11th 05 03:55 PM