Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ben

Default mail merge for labels with dif data sources for left & right side

Hello,

I would like to do a mail merge in word where i have 2 labels for the width
of the page. On the right hand side i'd like the info to be taken from one
column in an excel sheet and the info for the left hand column to be taken
from another column in the excel sheet. I've heard it's possible but i can't
figure out how to do this. I'm using office xp but i can also use 2003 if
that helps.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

AFAIK, it is not possible. Ask the person who told you that it was how to
do it. Word can only use a single flat file as the data source for mail
merge.

There would be ways to do it using Visual Basic, but not mail merge out of
the box.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Ben" wrote in message
Hello,

I would like to do a mail merge in word where i have 2 labels for the
width
of the page. On the right hand side i'd like the info to be taken from one
column in an excel sheet and the info for the left hand column to be taken
from another column in the excel sheet. I've heard it's possible but i
can't
figure out how to do this. I'm using office xp but i can also use 2003 if
that helps.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Assuming that they are different fields from the *same record* in the *same
sheet* then what you want is possible. However you cannot do this as a
standard label merge. You must create a form letter merge using the label
format as the document and manually insert the fields you require in each
cell with a next record field at the start of each left hand cell except the
first. This will allow you to put different fields from the same record in
left and right cells.

Ben wrote:
Hello,

I would like to do a mail merge in word where i have 2 labels for the
width of the page. On the right hand side i'd like the info to be
taken from one column in an excel sheet and the info for the left
hand column to be taken from another column in the excel sheet. I've
heard it's possible but i can't figure out how to do this. I'm using
office xp but i can also use 2003 if that helps.

Thanks

Word Mail Merge - word cannot find its data source Frank Sonye Mailmerge 0 March 19th 06 08:16 PM
How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 10:29 PM
Can you do a mail merge using multiple data sources? MatthewLong Mailmerge 1 November 14th 05 08:14 PM
Mail Merge Losing Data Scott May Mailmerge 1 November 1st 05 11:03 PM
mail merge default data source location Rebecca Mailmerge 3 June 24th 05 12:09 PM