Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter DeGaris Peter DeGaris is offline

Default Embedding a .pdf file into a word doc

How do I embed a .pdf file into a word document while retaining the
formatting of the pdf doc. I can only seem to have either a link or copy the
first page of the .pdf into the word doc. The .pdf doc is about 20 pages
long. It contains a lot of formulas etc and as such any pdf to word software
I have tried does not handle the conversion at all well.
--
Peter DeGaris
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I would use screen shots.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Peter DeGaris" wrote in message
How do I embed a .pdf file into a word document while retaining the
formatting of the pdf doc. I can only seem to have either a link or copy
the
first page of the .pdf into the word doc. The .pdf doc is about 20 pages
long. It contains a lot of formulas etc and as such any pdf to word
software
I have tried does not handle the conversion at all well.
--
Peter DeGaris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter DeGaris Peter DeGaris is offline

JoAnn - sorry for the dumb question but whats a screen shot??
--
Peter DeGaris

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

I would use screen shots.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Peter DeGaris" wrote in message
How do I embed a .pdf file into a word document while retaining the
formatting of the pdf doc. I can only seem to have either a link or copy
the
first page of the .pdf into the word doc. The .pdf doc is about 20 pages
long. It contains a lot of formulas etc and as such any pdf to word
software
I have tried does not handle the conversion at all well.
--
Peter DeGaris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_shot

"Peter DeGaris" wrote in message
JoAnn - sorry for the dumb question but whats a screen shot??
--
Peter DeGaris

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

I would use screen shots.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Peter DeGaris" wrote in message
How do I embed a .pdf file into a word document while retaining the
formatting of the pdf doc. I can only seem to have either a link or
copy
the
first page of the .pdf into the word doc. The .pdf doc is about 20
pages
long. It contains a lot of formulas etc and as such any pdf to word
software
I have tried does not handle the conversion at all well.
--
Peter DeGaris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Peter,

Inserted objects, such as PDF files cannot exceed a single page in Word. Multipage capable formats, including PDF and TIF display
only the first page, as a picture rendering of the object. Adobe Reader v7 or higher would need to be installed for Word to render
the first page picture of the PDF.

You'd need a product that can disassemble the PDF into individual pages/pictures and insert those into Word.

===========
"Peter DeGaris" wrote in message
How do I embed a .pdf file into a word document while retaining the
formatting of the pdf doc. I can only seem to have either a link or copy the
first page of the .pdf into the word doc. The .pdf doc is about 20 pages
long. It contains a lot of formulas etc and as such any pdf to word software
I have tried does not handle the conversion at all well.

Peter DeGaris
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can 'print' the PDF to the SnagIt printer driver then save each page as
a PDF or JPG from the SnagIt editor. There's a fully working demo which will
suffice for this task.

Bob Buckland ?:-) wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter DeGaris Peter DeGaris is offline

Thanks All,

I found a free web based service at
http://docmorph.nlm.nih.gov/docmorph/default.htm that will convert a
multipage pdf file into individual tif files for each page. Can then insert
each page as a picture into the word doc.

Thanks again

Peter
--
Peter DeGaris

Bob Buckland ?:-) wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alamomike Alamomike is offline

"Graham Mayor" wrote:
You can 'print' the PDF to the SnagIt printer driver then save each page as
a PDF or JPG from the SnagIt editor. There's a fully working demo which will
suffice for this task.

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

Bob Buckland ?:-) wrote:
[...]

Slow web site AND the end result TIF file is very poor quality.

embedding a file mccauley Page Layout 0 May 2nd 08 05:58 PM
Embedding YouTube video in web file created in Word 2007 Bobby Microsoft Word Help 2 April 27th 07 08:37 PM
embedding a captivate swf file into Microsoft word [email protected] New Users 0 February 16th 07 04:21 PM
Embedding a Excel file icon wordwise Microsoft Word Help 1 February 1st 07 07:32 PM
Embedding an excel file into word Lightfoot Page Layout 2 December 30th 05 07:29 PM