Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chequer chequer is offline

Default Protection

Word 2002 SP3
I want to protect a Word document.
I open the file I want to protect.
Select Tools/Options/Security
Then under €˜File encryption for this document
At €˜Password to Open I entered my password
I clicked the €˜Protect Password box, then OK
Then saved the document.

I then closed and re opened Word but when I opened what was supposed to be a
protected document
It opened without asking for a password.

--
chequer
When the game is over, the King and the pawn share the same box.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

From Tools Options Security, enter your password in the dialog, then
Click OK at the bottom of the dialog (not Protect Document). You will be
prompted to verify your password. Then save and close.

chequer wrote:
Word 2002 SP3
I want to protect a Word document.
I open the file I want to protect.
Select Tools/Options/Security
Then under 'File encryption for this document'
At 'Password to Open' I entered my password
I clicked the 'Protect Password' box, then OK
Then saved the document.

I then closed and re opened Word but when I opened what was supposed
to be a protected document
It opened without asking for a password.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chequer chequer is offline

Thanks for that Graham.
Worked OK
I was clicking thr Protect tab
--
chequer
When the game is over, the King and the pawn share the same box.

From Tools Options Security, enter your password in the dialog, then

chequer wrote:
Word 2002 SP3
I want to protect a Word document.
I open the file I want to protect.
Select Tools/Options/Security
Then under 'File encryption for this document'
At 'Password to Open' I entered my password
I clicked the 'Protect Password' box, then OK
Then saved the document.

I then closed and re opened Word but when I opened what was supposed
to be a protected document
It opened without asking for a password.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chequer chequer is offline

Graham,
After protecting my important files, Banking etc.. . in 'My Documents
Folder', I got to wondering if it was possible to protect, 'My Documents
Folder' en-bloc.
I have a password on my computer but this is mainly to stop my Great Grand
children to opening it when I'm not home..
--

"chequer" wrote:

Thanks for that Graham.
Worked OK
I was clicking thr Protect tab
--
chequer
When the game is over, the King and the pawn share the same box.

From Tools Options Security, enter your password in the dialog, then

chequer wrote:
Word 2002 SP3
I want to protect a Word document.
I open the file I want to protect.
Select Tools/Options/Security
Then under 'File encryption for this document'
At 'Password to Open' I entered my password
I clicked the 'Protect Password' box, then OK
Then saved the document.

I then closed and re opened Word but when I opened what was supposed
to be a protected document
It opened without asking for a password.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Set up a new user profile in Windows for the great grandchildren to access,
that doesn't have access to any of your files.

chequer wrote:
Graham,
After protecting my important files, Banking etc.. . in 'My Documents
Folder', I got to wondering if it was possible to protect, 'My
Documents Folder' en-bloc.
I have a password on my computer but this is mainly to stop my Great
Grand children to opening it when I'm not home..

Thanks for that Graham.
Worked OK
I was clicking thr Protect tab
--
chequer
When the game is over, the King and the pawn share the same box.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

From Tools Options Security, enter your password in the dialog,
then Click OK at the bottom of the dialog (not Protect Document).

chequer wrote:
Word 2002 SP3
I want to protect a Word document.
I open the file I want to protect.
Select Tools/Options/Security
Then under 'File encryption for this document'
At 'Password to Open' I entered my password
I clicked the 'Protect Password' box, then OK
Then saved the document.

I then closed and re opened Word but when I opened what was
supposed to be a protected document
It opened without asking for a password.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chequer chequer is offline

Thanks Graham,

--

chequer wrote:
Graham,
After protecting my important files, Banking etc.. . in 'My Documents
Folder', I got to wondering if it was possible to protect, 'My
Documents Folder' en-bloc.
I have a password on my computer but this is mainly to stop my Great
Grand children to opening it when I'm not home..

Thanks for that Graham.
Worked OK
I was clicking thr Protect tab
--
chequer
When the game is over, the King and the pawn share the same box.

From Tools Options Security, enter your password in the dialog,

chequer wrote:
Word 2002 SP3
I want to protect a Word document.
I open the file I want to protect.
Select Tools/Options/Security
Then under 'File encryption for this document'
At 'Password to Open' I entered my password
I clicked the 'Protect Password' box, then OK
Then saved the document.

I then closed and re opened Word but when I opened what was
supposed to be a protected document
It opened without asking for a password.

help with protection jason d Microsoft Word Help 1 March 5th 09 05:57 AM
protection Carrie Microsoft Word Help 1 January 2nd 09 08:09 PM
Protection & Pen and Ink kurlisue Microsoft Word Help 1 March 17th 08 03:54 PM
Protection Judy Tables 5 February 5th 07 07:05 PM
Password Protection SmokinGuns Microsoft Word Help 1 June 15th 05 03:49 AM