SamDev

Default Margin Markers

A friend is using Word 2003 and at the top of each page are two "markers" in
grey - they look like backwards "L's" that indicate where the left & right
margins are located (one at the left margin and one at the right margin).
The markers are not on the ruler rather on the page. I have looked
everywhere to see how to turn this feature on/off and no luck.

I hope I'm explaining this properly and someone can help.

Much thanks.

Greg Maxey

These "crop marks" are usually the result of an East Asian language enabled
in your Word application.

Go to StartAll ProgramsMicrosoft OfficeMicrosoft Office ToolsMicrosoft
Office (Your version) Language settings and disable any enabled East Asian
languages.

You can review the KB Article on this topic at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839371

If the above process still doesn't clear it up, then try the following
steps checking to see if the problem is resolved after each step.

1. Starting Word in Office safe mode (hold ctrl key when starting Word).
2. Use StartSearch to locate and delete any files using the search string
of
~$*.*;*.tmp
3. Run repair reinstall for MS Office using the Windows Control Panel
Add/Remove programs command..

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Margin Markers Tantrictara Page Layout 4 May 13th 05 01:10 AM
Margin Markers Andibevan New Users 1 May 10th 05 01:58 PM
Bottom margin error in Word 2003 JAmmer Microsoft Word Help 0 April 12th 05 04:29 PM
why do margin markers appear on new documents and in print previe. chitty01 Page Layout 1 March 1st 05 07:32 PM
How do I remove margin markers? pesci Microsoft Word Help 1 January 4th 05 03:31 PM