Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
anonymous

Default Using CTRL key to select different paragraphs

How can I select paragraphs (lines) that are not next to each other (to apply
the same format)? Before I was able to use CTRL key and select anything I
wanted in different parts of the document. Now that the Windows were updated
to XP (used to be 2000) but I still have Office 2000, I cannot use this
shortcut anymore. Right now, if I select a line, then hold CTRL key and try
to click somewhere else in the text, the whole text gets selected.
Does anyone have any suggestions how to get this option back (so I can use
CTRL key to select text in the various parts of the document)?

Many thanks,
anonymous
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Do Not use the Ctrl key while you make your first selection. Just click to
the left of the line, then Ctrl+Click to select the additional lines.

Ctrl+Clicking in the left margin (Selection Area) is a shortcut for Select
All if no line/paragraph is selected first.

HTH |:)

"anonymous" wrote:

How can I select paragraphs (lines) that are not next to each other (to apply
the same format)? Before I was able to use CTRL key and select anything I
wanted in different parts of the document. Now that the Windows were updated
to XP (used to be 2000) but I still have Office 2000, I cannot use this
shortcut anymore. Right now, if I select a line, then hold CTRL key and try
to click somewhere else in the text, the whole text gets selected.
Does anyone have any suggestions how to get this option back (so I can use
CTRL key to select text in the various parts of the document)?

Many thanks,
anonymous

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
anonymous

That's what I was doing. First, I select a line, then press ctrl key and then
try to select another line. But it selects everything.
I tried another way. I selected one line, then pressed ctrl key and then
tried to select another line (not from the left margin, but manually). But in
this case, Word selects "either or" paragraphs and not both. If there is no
other way, can I somehow "adjust" the Ctrl+Clicking shortcut for it to do
what I want?

Thanks!