Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Suzanne

Default How do I create a flyer with phone number tags at the bottom?

How do I create a flyer with phone number tags at the bottom?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sara E. Alers

I've seen this in publisher.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...493041033.aspx

"Suzanne" wrote in message
How do I create a flyer with phone number tags at the bottom?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Yes, Publisher has a template but if the OP wants to use Word, that won;t do
her a bit of good.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne" wrote in message
How do I create a flyer with phone number tags at the bottom?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

It helps if the OP sees your response and tries to make it open in Word. Not
everyone is aware that Publisher files can only be opened with Publisher.

And thank you for allowing me to make sure she knew that.

--

"Suzanne" wrote in message
How do I create a flyer with phone number tags at the bottom?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Although Publisher offers readymade templates for this, if you don't have
Publisher, you can use a table in Word. Create a single-row table with as
many columns as you want tear-off tabs. You can either omit borders entirely
or use a light-grey dotted border between cells to show you where to cut. In
the cells, use Format | Text Direction to rotate the text. If you have Word
2000 or above, you can use the table handle to drag it to the bottom of the
page. Or, in any version, put the table in the document footer or in a text
box or frame positioned at the bottom of the page.

"Suzanne" wrote in message
How do I create a flyer with phone number tags at the bottom?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Suzanne wrote:
How do I create a flyer with phone number tags at the bottom?

1. Insert a table with one row and as many columns as you want tags (about
10 or 12).
2. If the Table & Borders toolbar isn't displayed, select it from View
Toolbars.
3. On the toolbar, click the Change Text Direction button to make turn the
text 90 degrees.
4. a. Type the phone number (and anything else) in the first cell.
b. Select the first cell and copy it to the clipboard.
c. Select the whole table and paste. That fills all the cells with the
same text.
5. If necessary, drag the bottom border of the table downward to avoid
word-wrapping in the cells.
6. (Optional) On the toolbar, click the down arrow next to the Align button
and choose Top Center or Center Center.
7. Click the menu item Table Table Properties, which opens a dialog.
8. Click the Around button.
9. Click the Positioning button, which opens another dialog.
10. In the Vertical section of the dialog, set the Position to "Bottom" and
set "Relative to" to "Page". Click OK in both dialogs.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman