Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SMW

Default unlinking endnote without deleting reference mark

We prepare book manuscripts for layout and one of the tasks we need to do is
make the Word doc clean by converting the automatic Word endnote marks to
plain text. That is, they no longer are linked to the reference, but are just
superscript text.

We now do this in a very manual fashion by copying the endote references
into a new document (and losing the numbering in the process) and then going
back into the manuscript and manually changing the automatic endnote marks
into text. This is very time consuming and prone to error, because as you
change the endnote marks to text, the remaining marks renumber themselves.

I would love to create a macro to do this, does anyone have any hints?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi SMS

SMW wrote:
We prepare book manuscripts for layout and one of the tasks we need to do is
make the Word doc clean by converting the automatic Word endnote marks to
plain text. That is, they no longer are linked to the reference, but are just
superscript text.

Care to explain why this is necessary?

We now do this in a very manual fashion by copying the endote references
into a new document (and losing the numbering in the process) and then going
back into the manuscript and manually changing the automatic endnote marks
into text. This is very time consuming and prone to error, because as you
change the endnote marks to text, the remaining marks renumber themselves.

I would love to create a macro to do this, does anyone have any hints?

I'm pretty sure this has been done before. Let's have a look ...

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q...7&as_maxy=2006

Greetinx
Robert
--