Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ned23 Ned23 is offline

Default Need template to automatically add ".doc" extension and rename fil

Hi,

I've got about 40,000 word perfect files I need to convert to Word 2007.
I've found a couple of batch converters but the problem is that they work
only on files with a single ".doc" extension. Most WP fiiles I have end in
..wp or .wpd or from really old versions of WP the file extension is just the
initals of the person who created them (for example, Michael B. Smith may
have created a WP file in 1996 named: "FILE203.MBS")

So, what I need now is a template add-in or macro to automatically add a
".doc" extension to a folder full of files as a batch operation. Preferably
one that preserves the original extension, so that Michaels file above would
be renamed: "FILE203.MBS.DOC"