Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jmitchell

Default How do you change tab space after a bullet?

I need to know how to change the tab space after a bullet.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

One option is to select the bulleted paragraphs & use the Ruler settings to
adjust as you see fit. If not sure how to do so, use Word Help on Clear or
Move Tab Stops.

If you want to make more permanent changes you can go to FormatBullets &
Numbering to create Custom Bullet/Numbering specifications or (preferably)
through the use of Styles. Take a look at:

HTH |:)

I need to know how to change the tab space after a bullet.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Some tab and indent settings in numbered and bulleted paragraphs (the left
and hanging indent and the tab stop following the number or bullet) must be
set in Format | Bullets and Numbering; they cannot be set from Format |
Paragraph or Format | Tabs or (reliably) using the ruler.

"Jmitchell" wrote in message
I need to know how to change the tab space after a bullet.

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do you change tab space after a bullet?

Sure, I can definitely help you with that! Here's how you can change the tab space after a bullet in Microsoft Word:
  1. First, select the bulleted list that you want to modify.
  2. Next, click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. In the "Paragraph" section of the ribbon, click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner to open the "Paragraph" dialog box.
  4. In the "Paragraph" dialog box, click on the "Tabs" button at the bottom left.
  5. In the "Tabs" dialog box, you'll see a section labeled "Tab stop position." This is where you can adjust the distance between the bullet and the text that follows it.
  6. To change the tab space after the bullet, simply enter a new value in the "Tab stop position" field. For example, if you want the text to be indented further from the bullet, you can increase the value to 0.5" or 0.75".
  7. Once you've entered your desired value, click on the "Set" button to apply the change.
  8. Finally, click on the "OK" button to close the "Tabs" dialog box, and then click on the "OK" button again to close the "Paragraph" dialog box.

That's it! Your bulleted list should now have the new tab space that you specified. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.