Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mrkadjuster

Default Where do I find the symbol for "paragraph"? As in page 3, par 2.

I want to be able to use the symbol for the word "paragraph". The symbol I'm
looking for is like a backwards "p" with the round portion blacked in with
two vertical lines. I see it in letters, I know it's out there in some font,
but I cannot find it. Help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Alt+0182

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"mrkadjuster" wrote in message
I want to be able to use the symbol for the word "paragraph". The symbol
I'm
looking for is like a backwards "p" with the round portion blacked in with
two vertical lines. I see it in letters, I know it's out there in some
font,
but I cannot find it. Help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 18:07:05 -0800, "mrkadjuster"
wrote:

I want to be able to use the symbol for the word "paragraph". The symbol I'm
looking for is like a backwards "p" with the round portion blacked in with
two vertical lines. I see it in letters, I know it's out there in some font,
but I cannot find it. Help?

It's in almost every font (except the symbol-type ones) at character
position 182. One way to get it into a Word document is to hold down
the Alt key while you type 0182 on the number pad (with NumLock turned
on) to get ¶.

For more, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...tSpecChars.htm.

--