DSG

Default Indexing surnames with and without apostrophe s ('s)

To keep from being redundant, when indexing surnames, If I wanted to show
the name, Morton, but there are several entries of that name that will be
possessive, can I select the surname without the apostrophe S, for which I
want to show all the pages where that surname shows up? Or do I have to
Index both Morton and Morton's
Word 2000 SP3

CyberTaz

When you mark the entry, only select the part that precede the apostrophe.
Click the 'Mark All' button and every instance of Morton _or_ Morton's will
be marked. I'm not sure how it would work if you are using concordance file,
though.

HTH |:)