Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Graham Mayor

The plot thickens
I'll have a look again after the holiday - best wishes to you.

Beth Melton wrote:
I can view the full threads as I did in the past without logging in.
Perhaps since I've never logged in I don't see that requirement??

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Once upon a time newsgroup searches were anonymous, now you have to
log in
to be able to access the full thread. The only reason I can see for
that is
to target yet more advertising. In the main search pages, it is
getting to
the stage where required information is lost in a welter of

Beth Melton wrote:
Can you expand on this Graham? Other than the added advertising I
don't really see a change. I didn't like flat layout view of the
thread but once I figured out how to get the threaded frame back
("view as tree" link) I'm a happy camper. :-)

It is the new beta newsgroup archive that particularly rankles.

Google have royally screwed up the newsgroup search function;
and
the
main search function of Google is being rapidly swallowed by
advertising. Greed may yet kill the usefulness of Google.