Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default will word tell me how long I have spent typing

hi please may I ask will word be able to tell me how long I have spent typing
a letter for billing purpose, not how long I had the doc open for? and please
may I ask where do I find this info

regards

Trev
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

No, but a clock near your computer will.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Trevor" wrote in message
hi please may I ask will word be able to tell me how long I have spent
typing
a letter for billing purpose, not how long I had the doc open for? and
please
may I ask where do I find this info

regards

Trev

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Which version?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Trevor" wrote in message
hi please may I ask will word be able to tell me how long I have spent
typing
a letter for billing purpose, not how long I had the doc open for? and
please
may I ask where do I find this info

regards

Trev

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Trevor Trevor is offline

office 2007

many thanks

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Which version?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Trevor" wrote in message
hi please may I ask will word be able to tell me how long I have spent
typing
a letter for billing purpose, not how long I had the doc open for? and
please
may I ask where do I find this info

regards

Trev

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Right-click on the QAT and select Customize. Choose All Commands from the
drop down and then scroll down to 'Advanced Document Properties' and add it
to the QAT. When you need to know the editing time, click on the Advanced
Document Properties, Statics tab.

Terry

"Trevor" wrote in message
office 2007

many thanks

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Which version?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Trevor" wrote in message
hi please may I ask will word be able to tell me how long I have spent
typing
a letter for billing purpose, not how long I had the doc open for? and
please
may I ask where do I find this info

regards

Trev

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Right-click on the QAT and select Customize. Choose All Commands from the
drop down and then scroll down to 'Advanced Document Properties' and add
it to the QAT. When you need to know the editing time, click on the
Advanced Document Properties, Statics tab.

Oooh! Nice one! Thanks for that Terry - BTW, presumably you meant
"statistics" not "Statics"?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

But keep in mind that the time shown just reflects how long the document has
been open. I have one here that's been open for weeks. I keep it open as a
reminder for me to work on it... which I haven't done in weeks. Good thing
nobody's being billed on the basis of what it "thinks". ;-)

--

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Gordon" wrote in message

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Right-click on the QAT and select Customize. Choose All Commands from the
drop down and then scroll down to 'Advanced Document Properties' and add
it to the QAT. When you need to know the editing time, click on the
Advanced Document Properties, Statics tab.

Oooh! Nice one! Thanks for that Terry - BTW, presumably you meant
"statistics" not "Statics"?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson[_3_] Tom Ferguson[_3_] is offline

You can also insert a field into the document which will show the edit time
as its returned value. You can format it as hidden text if you do not want
it printed.

Word 2007: Insert Quick Parts Field. Select from list.

Tom Ferguson

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Right-click on the QAT and select Customize. Choose All Commands from the
drop down and then scroll down to 'Advanced Document Properties' and add
it to the QAT. When you need to know the editing time, click on the
Advanced Document Properties, Statics tab.

Terry

"Trevor" wrote in message
office 2007

many thanks

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Which version?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Trevor" wrote in message
hi please may I ask will word be able to tell me how long I have spent
typing
a letter for billing purpose, not how long I had the doc open for? and
please
may I ask where do I find this info

regards

Trev