Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Clive Clive is offline

Default How do I use mailmerge to produce a table list from my datasource? - like a tabular report

I want to use use Word 2003 to produce nicely formatted lists of
information.

It used to work in older versions of word that you could create a template
with the required fields in the line of a table and the mailmerge process
created a result with as many rows that could fit on a page - with the rest
of the data spilling onto subsequent pages. However now, with Word 2003, it
puts a page break after each line of data, resulting in a page for each row
in the datasource - very wasteful of paper..

I've tried using the next record field in a table cell at the end of the
row in the template file, but this makes no difference.

Any help much appreciated!

Many thanks

Clive, London UK

Table styles, new in 2007 Chris Orr Tables 1 February 6th 07 12:53 PM
Data sources for different mailmerge letters Lee Mailmerge 11 January 27th 07 08:04 AM
Losing textbox on table Jack Tables 13 November 21st 06 03:09 AM
How to use mailmerge feature to generate report? (i.e. SQL statem will~ Mailmerge 1 April 11th 06 09:25 AM
Table of contents like list for a numbered list of items Ben K. Bullock New Users 2 March 2nd 06 12:52 PM