Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Emano Emano is offline

Default Making MS Word my default word processor

I have both MS Word and MS Works installed. For word processing, I prefer
Word and use Works primarliy for the spreadsheet. However, Works has become
the default word processor and I don't know how. Works opens my Word
documents, and tries to change the format when I save. How can I make Word
the default?

I have tried right-clicking a Word document, and choosing Word and "always
open with this;" now whenver I open a document, I get a message that the
document is already in use by me and would I like to make a copy?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

How to change file associations in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default...&product=winxp

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]