Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.newusers
JethroUK JethroUK is offline

Default 'rogue' styles?

I'm creating rather a large document

http://jethrouk.members.beeb.net/Ind...list%202.7.doc

I am using a table to keep the document in sections - I have also created
two indexes (front & back) to reflect the headings - originally I defined
the headings style as "Heading 1" so i can include this in my indexes

My problem/frustration is that without warning all the styles seem to
change to 'Char1' - They dont appear any different but it will not let me
change the style back to anything else - everything in the document is
'char1'

I spent the whole of today creating a brand new blank document - copied all
the text into notepad (only way to flush it out) - then copied it to the
blank document as 'normal' text - copy/pasted all the pictures back in -
reset all the bulleted text (one-by-one) - reset all the titles
(one-by-one) - created two new indexes - and now all the styles have
evaporated again - grrrrrrrrrrr!

1/ Whats going on?

2/ I often have to flush out 'rogue' text styles from an exhaustive
word doc - is there quicker way than copy to notepad - and copy back to word
(but retain tables/pics)?

'rogue' styles? JethroUK Microsoft Word Help 2 January 18th 08 10:55 PM
Rogue 'Save Changes' prompt in Word AndrewJ Microsoft Word Help 4 December 12th 07 04:09 PM
Rogue paragraph with drop capital Greg Microsoft Word Help 3 May 6th 06 04:53 AM
Rogue copy files roccov New Users 1 July 11th 05 11:37 AM
How do I stop rogue styles ie 1.5 Char Char occuring when I merge. ANNE O Microsoft Word Help 0 April 7th 05 08:09 AM