Diane Hazen

Default consecutively number cards in large font

I want to number 200 4x6 cards in 80 pt font to use as bid cards--without
having to create and manually type in each number. I've tried page number has
a header, but can't get large font. Suggestions?
Chuck Davis

"Diane Hazen" wrote in message
I want to number 200 4x6 cards in 80 pt font to use as bid cards--without
having to create and manually type in each number. I've tried page number
has
a header, but can't get large font. Suggestions?

Create an Excel file with numbers 1 to 200. Place a 1 in the first cell and
then drag the right corner of the cell down until you reach 200. Then Mail
merge.

The mail merge Chuck suggests will certainly work, but there's no reason you
can't use the page number. Don't try to use the Insert | Page Numbers
feature. This puts the page number in a frame. Although the frame size is
automatic, and it should grow when you increase the font size, there are
sometimes problems with this. Instead:

1. View | Header and Footer. This opens the header pane.

2. Ctrl+E to center the header paragraph.

3. Click on the Insert Page Number button to insert a { PAGE } field.

4. Select the page number and change the font size as desired. You are not
limited to the listed font sizes; you can type in any size from 1 to 1,638
in half-point increments, then press Enter.

Also, note that the page number doesn't have to be in the header; it can be
anywhere on the page. If (as I suspect) the number is going to be the only
thing on the page, then it will be much easier to do the following:

1. On the Layout tab of Page Setup, set the vertical alignment to Center.

2. In the document, Ctrl+E to center the paragraph horizontally.

3. Type "PAGE" (without the quotation marks).

4. Select what you just typed and press Ctrl+F9, then F9.

5. Select the page number and format the font as above.