Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
blue_eyes

Default What format is image in once in Word?

I'm fussing with an image already pasted in Word. Is it a bitmap (.bmp)
format? I just want to bring into Photoshop to make small correction
and paste back in same size as before. I have tried pasting into
Photoshop and resizing to same size as Word. The image comes in
smaller. Should I be bringing in more than 72 dpi but less than 150
dpi?

Thanks ahead of time.

Patricia

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

Bad move. Graphics within Word are all WMFs. Pulling graphics out of Word
(which is not straightforward to start with), modifying them, then putting
them back, will cause a loss of quality whatever you do. Best approach is to
prepare the graphic using Photoshop (or whatever), including setting the
finished size you want to end up with in Word, and the resolution you need
(96 dpi for screen, 150 or 300 if the document is for printing). Then save
the graphic to file and import that file into Word. If you need to make
changes, go back to the file, modify, and re-import.

"blue_eyes" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm fussing with an image already pasted in Word. Is it a bitmap (.bmp)
format? I just want to bring into Photoshop to make small correction
and paste back in same size as before. I have tried pasting into
Photoshop and resizing to same size as Word. The image comes in
smaller. Should I be bringing in more than 72 dpi but less than 150
dpi?

Thanks ahead of time.

Patricia

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod

Hi Patricia,

If you save the document as a web page, via File|Save as Web Page, any
images in the document will be saved at their original resolution in JPG
format. the saved images will be in a folder with the document's name,
followed by '_files' (eg: Doc1_files).

Cheers

--
macropod