Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sharon M. Sharon M. is offline

Default Troublesome toolbar ...

Hi folks,

A really frustrating problem here. I have developed a template that has its
own floating toolbar (the main content being a number of AutoText entries
applicable to the template).

I have sent the template to a number of users for testing. Some of the users
have reported that there is NO TOOLBAR!! In case this is attributed to
network restrictions (or such like) I then created a document from the
template and sent that. One user got the document *with* the toolbar ...
another didn't. One tester who created a document from the original template
(but who didn't have the toolbar) sent me a document she had created based on
the template. Lo and behold ... the toolbar! There it was ... large as life.

So, given the detailed explanation above, what (pray) can be the reason for
users not having access to the toolbar. Even my suggestion to go looking for
it (View, Toolbars ...) didn't reveal its presence.

I have developed the template in Word XP, the users with the problem have
Word XP. I'm at a total loss ...

Thanks for any hint of a resolution!

Sharon M.