Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CarolZdc CarolZdc is offline

Default Link fields with identical info to "auto-fill" in a Word form?

Our office was sent multiple-page Word forms to use in application situations
with fields to type in needed information. Information in different sections
of the form contain the same information. To reduce information in keying,
is there a way to "link" some of the fields to "auto-fill" other fields so
this information does not have to be re-keyed in each section? Ex: page 1
has a name field for Applicant A and one for Applicant B. The same
information needs to be keyed into fields for signature boxes, and at the
top of each of page 2 and 3 as identifying information for the document.
Each section of the forms I am working with is a separate table, with as many
as 3 and 4 tables making up a page.

I know how I would do this in Excel but I am not having any success with Word.