VBjerreskov

Default Troubleshoot section breaks in master document?

Morning,

Normally, when you insert a subdocument into a master document, you get one
continuous and one next page section break between them. I'm working on a
document where, no matter what I try, I'm only getting continuous section
breaks, which of course runs all my section together in a lovely mess of
pages. I can't find anything about this problem, beyond that Word is supposed
to insert a NP section break. Any suggestions as to how to get my NP breaks
back, or will it require a reinstall of the software?

TIA
Daiya Mitchell

Word Heretic might come along and help, but most of the people on this group
don't know much about master documents, because:

Why Master Documents corrupt:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Genera...ocsCorrupt.htm

How to recover a Master Document:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Genera...MasterDocs.htm

Steve Hudson [Word Heretic] on how to make Master Documents work safely:
http://www.techwr-l.com/techwhirl/ma...dhomepage.html

I believe that last link is an extensive discussion which may help you out.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/