Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
lizheen lizheen is offline

Default How do I write an essay with boxed sections

My sister-in-law needs several essays. The section under each sub-heading
must be boxed, with the boxes all 3 c.m. from each margin (including top and
bottom). Apparently this is so her University can scan the essay and check
word lengths
I did the earlier essays by typing all the text, and then using the "insert
text box" function, but this was a nightmare. There's got to be an easier
way...

Thanks anyone who can help,
Lizheen
Ireland.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Define a new paragraph style. Give it any name that isn't already in
use. In the New Style dialog, check the box for "Add to template".
Click the Format button and select Paragraph from the list. In the
next dialog, set the left and right indents to 3 cm. Click OK. Click
the Format button again and select Border from the list. Choose the
Box border, make sure the Apply To box is set to "Paragraph", and
click OK. Finally, click Close in the New Style dialog.

In the document, put the cursor in a paragraph that needs to be boxed,
and select your style from the dropdown on the Formatting toolbar.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 15:27:00 -0800, lizheen
wrote:

My sister-in-law needs several essays. The section under each sub-heading
must be boxed, with the boxes all 3 c.m. from each margin (including top and
bottom). Apparently this is so her University can scan the essay and check
word lengths
I did the earlier essays by typing all the text, and then using the "insert
text box" function, but this was a nightmare. There's got to be an easier
way...

Thanks anyone who can help,
Lizheen
Ireland.

TamiTamiSchall TamiTamiSchall is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Freedman View Post

wrote:

My sister-in-law needs several essays. The section under each sub-heading
must be boxed, with the boxes all 3 c.m. from each margin (including top and
bottom). Apparently this is so her University can scan the essay and check
word lengths
I did the earlier essays by typing all the text, and then using the "insert
text box" function, but this was a nightmare. There's got to be an easier
way...

Thanks anyone who can help,
Lizheen
Ireland.
Thanks a lot for the tip. I was also interested in similar information. Now I know how to do it in an easier way. Thanks again.

EstherHall EstherHall is offline
Banned

in situations like this, I use writing services. I like this one the most: https://essaysadvisor.com/essaysupply-review/ is time-tested and reliable. I can always be sure that the work will be completed on time.

Last edited by EstherHall : March 25th 21 at 02:55 AM

Alex Chain Alex Chain is offline
Banned

Location: Essay service

Taking online homework help is easy and simple as you can avail it anytime, anywhere. You are not bound by any time constraints. It’s so easy to connect with a certified tutor and resolve the niggling doubts and problems by following the link do my SAS programming homework
bondjunior bondjunior is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizheen View Post
My sister-in-law needs several essays. The section under each sub-heading
must be boxed, with the boxes all 3 c.m. from each margin (including top and
bottom). Apparently this is so her University can scan the essay and check
word lengths
I did the earlier essays by typing all the text, and then using the "insert
text box" function, but this was a nightmare. There's got to be an easier
way...

Thanks anyone who can help,
Lizheen
Ireland.
I really understand how hard it is to write everything in a correct way. I do some academic writing and my editing has to be perfect always. But I always stuggle, because i don't have such perfect skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word functions. So, usually, I am looking for some professional writers, that can edit my essays for me. I use skilled editors help, that I found here https://www.bestessay.com/ and then I don't have questions, like you do.

Last edited by bondjunior : June 11th 21 at 09:18 AM
violetroy violetroy is offline
Junior Member

If your instructor has given you a clear prompt, decide now how you will approach the question. For example, if the given assignment is "Write an essay on the women's movement. Was it successful?", you will need to decide which side you are going to take. Once you narrow your focus, your essay will be much easier to organize. SpeedyPaper review can be more helpful for your writing.
AlexanderDi3 AlexanderDi3 is offline
Banned

Find tutors online can be found here
I have used its services for quite a long time during my semester and I want to say that find tutors online with this service is now easy and simple
kailash15 kailash15 is offline
Junior Member

When it comes to writing an essay, you’ll follow a designated format. Knowing that format and using it to your advantage can take your essay from ‘good’ to ‘great’. Every great essay has 5 essential parts including an introduction, 3 body paragraphs, and a conclusion. FollowerGir download While the structure might sound simple, including all the different elements for each part is important. Since everyone wants to get an “A” on their essay, let’s explore all the different parts in depth.

nesweliyg nesweliyg is offline
Banned

The best part about the essay best online essay writing services reviews service reviews is that